"Stupid is as stupid does."
- Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks)

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blog Post # 3

Lyah Thomas
Paper Topics
Blog #3
9/4/14

Topic


       I chose for my topic, somewhere on the lines of childhood obesity.Whose fault is it type of paper. I am going in the direction of that everyone is sort of responsible. Every human being on Earth is an influence. Kids these days pay attention to everything including what is being eaten around them. I decided on this topic because I have a 3 year old nephew. When he was about 2 he was spending the summer with me and I gave him bottled water. He made the nastiest and child could make. Do you know why he rejected the water? Because he wasn't getting water at home. Ever. He often drinks juice, microwaveable meats, and frozen vegetables. He never really chews his food and his poop is SUUUUUUUPEEEEER disgusting. The parents reasoning was, since they don't like water, the kid isn't going to drink water. 
      Another reason why I wanted to do this topic is because I worked at a birthday party place for little kids and the party is at a set price. The kids get a cake, two or three boxes of pizza (Chicago pizza), and juice pouches. The adults get the 75 dollar fruit and vegetable tray from Whole Foods and water.Being that this a price that families pay for they get to have as much as they want but, it is mostly the kids who as for more pizza and cake. What kid is not going to ask for more pizza and cake? Why can't they have fruit and vegetables too? We are all an influence.


Word Count 260

1 comment:

  1. For your paper, I think it'd be more effective if you chose a specific side. Your argument will be stronger and you might have better luck with sources.

    ReplyDelete